Tuesday 8 May 2012

Chalking Review

Thanks to the Beauty Department (<3) there has been a significant increase in the number of people (ok so maybe just me) who are feeling the urge to go and purchase chalk and 'Chalk It Up'!
When Gem Fatale chalked her hair, this sealed the deal for me and I found myself down at WHSmith buying soft chalk pastels.

Well, it was ok. Seeing as I have dark brown, wavy, short hair it was clearly not for me!

Firstly (in agreement with everyone else) the chalk dust goes everywhere. Majorly everywhere. I ran the tap the day after and there were streaks in the sink. Pretty but not practical. So take note of my mistakes and either do this AWAY from a carpet or have a hairdressers robe thing (very technical language here T.T)

Secondly, my hair felt 'orrible! Clumpy and rough, it was not flattering. DO NOT RUB THE CHALK BACK AND FORTH! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED...

Finally, I learnt not to brush my hair - stupid of me to even attempt in the first place but I imagined that the colour could move through my hair. I did not foresee massive knots or my hair brush turning blue!

Anyway, on the positive side, it was uber cool. Having a red streak in my fringe accompanied by blue/purple tips and the odd blonde streak looked awesome (even though it sounds like an explosion in a paint factory) and for a while my friends were in shock that I had even thought about putting a bit of gold in my hair.

I would recommend this to someone with lighter, straighter hair (ha - sounds oddly enough like Lauren Conrad's perfect hair...) and make sure that they follow key advice - as in no hair brush within 1 mile of the chalked-up-ness.


No comments:

Post a Comment